AORN of San Diego County
Welcome Back Greeting for September 2016
Welcome back AORN members! Over the summer months the new Board of Directors and chapter leadership have been planning a fantastic 2016-2017 year for you. We are excited about our educational offerings and happy to announce new fundraising activities throughout the year. Thank you to all the wonderful volunteers who came out and supported us over the summer months. Don’t forget to “Follow Us” on Facebook for our latest updates.
Next Chapter Meeting-October 22, 2016
Another outstanding program entitled "Wholeness for the Perioperative Patient and Staff" presented by Dr. Dolores Fazzino, DNP, RN, NP, Medical Advisor, Surgical Coach, Industry Empower-er Speaker, Amazon Best Selling Author. Print education flyer and please share with colleagues at work. Students are welcome at no cost.
October 1: FEEDING AMERICA, 9:00 am - 11:00 am.
- Please join us for this event as we are only allowed one group volunteer event during the holiday season (September-December).
- Volunteers must be at least 6 years old.
- Click the link “Registration Instructions” on the Community Outreach tab for registration details.
- Our “join code” is 1144.
October 8: LADLE PROJECT, SENIOR FOOD DISTRIBUTION, 8:30 am - 10:30 am.
- Volunteer must be at least 10 years old.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
- See the Community Outreach tab for directions.
October 15: PAINT N VINEYARD, 3:00 pm - 5:30 pm.
- We are thrilled to launch our new fundraising event. Come join us for some painting, wine, and a good time!
- Tickets are $40 and available to members and non-members.
- Seats are limited and we anticipate this event to sell out quickly.
- To register and save your seat, please click the link and sign up today! https://sites.cimplebox.com/events/registration.aspx?s=4210&c=2403&eid=252632&r=0.8345121
- Building is not visible from the street. Please click on their Contact/Location for a detailed map.
- See flyer for details.
$200 Southwest Airlines Gift Card Raffle: Ongoing.
- Enter to win a $200 Southwest Airline gift card.
- Tickets are $10 and available for purchase at the monthly AORN Chapter Meeting.
- Raffle drawing TBD.
November 12: AMN HEALTH CARE, 7:30 am - 12:30 pm.
- We have lined up some fantastic speakers for this year’s workshop, Kay Ball, Penny Smalley, and Rev. Dr. Donald B. Stouder!
- The topics are The Hazards of Surgical Smoke, and Contemporary Ethical Issues in Organ Procurement/Transplant.
- Refreshments will be provided.
- See flyer for details.
June 4 AORN Chapter Volunteers Serve Feeding America San Diego
Volunteers sorted more than 16,000 pounds of apples, yams, avocados, tomatoes, and onions.
June 11 Ladle Project Senior Food Distribution
Packaging food for low income seniors
and needy veterans in the downtown area.